Kamwokya Times
Advertisement
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
Kamwokya Times
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Four More Suspects Charged in BOU Break-In Case

Kamwokya Times by Kamwokya Times
May 20, 2026
in News
0 0
0
Four More Suspects Charged in BOU Break-In Case
Share on FacebookShare on X

Four more suspects have been added to the ongoing criminal case arising from the alleged break-in and theft of computers at the headquarters of the Bank of Uganda, bringing the total number of accused persons to 12.

The four suspects were on Thursday arraigned before the Grade One Magistrates Court at Buganda Road and charged with office breaking, theft and receiving stolen property in connection with the alleged theft of six laptops from the central bank premises.

They are Boaz Kule Micheal, 19, a casual worker from Wabigalo Zone in Makindye Division; Kabuya Ramadhan alias Rama, a 27-year-old bus conductor; Rubangakene Isaac alias Izoo, a mobile phone accessories dealer; and Oedo Jorem Jude, a 43-year-old computer technician from Kyengera Town Council in Wakiso District.

The four now join eight security personnel — comprising police officers and private security guards — who were earlier charged with neglect to prevent a felony over the same incident.According to the amended charge sheet presented before Chief Magistrate Ritah Neumbe Kidasa, prosecution alleges that Kule and Kabuya, together with others still at large, broke into several offices at the Bank of Uganda headquarters on Plot 45 Kampala Road during the night of May 3, 2026.

Court heard that the pair allegedly broke and entered offices numbered 3A-02, 3A-03, 3A-04, 3A-05 and 3A-06 with intent to commit theft.Prosecution further alleges that the two suspects stole six laptop computers valued at Shs35.4 million belonging to the Bank of Uganda. The stolen items allegedly included Lenovo ThinkBook and HP EliteBook laptops.

Rubangakene and Oedo were separately charged with receiving and retaining stolen property. Prosecutors told court that the two allegedly received and retained the laptops knowing or having reason to believe they had been stolen from the central bank.Court documents indicate that the two businessmen allegedly operated from Shop Number 3 on Level Four at Majestic Plaza along William Street in Kampala Central Division.

All four accused denied the charges.Chief Magistrate Kidasa remanded them to Luzira Prison until May 29, 2026.The latest charges are linked to the same case in which eight security personnel attached to the protection of the Bank of Uganda headquarters were earlier charged with neglect to prevent a felony contrary to Section 362 of the Penal Code Act.The accused security personnel are Sgt Amone Joseph, PC Ouma Wilson, PC Omach Thomas, PC Mungusho Shafic, PC Oryono Brian, Onduri Alex, Orache Solomon and Ocen Morish.

Other InterestingArticles

No Approved Vaccine Yet for Ebola Bundibugyo Strain, WHO says

Internal Affairs Plans Shelter for Victims of Human Trafficking

Busia LCV Chairman Seeks to Source Service of Service Commission from Neighbouring Districts

Security Carry Out Second Search at Anita Among’s Nakasero Residence

Attorney General Defines Boundaries in NCHE, New TVET Body Dispute

Tour Operators Ask Tourism Ministry to Finance Heritage Sites Development in Busoga

Another Boda Boda Rider Shot as Thugs Steal Four Motorcycles in Gulu

Health Ministry Issues SOPs for schools amid Ebola Scare

Prosecution alleges that the eight, who were deployed at the central bank premises, failed to use reasonable means to prevent the commission of office breaking and theft despite allegedly knowing that a felony was being committed.The security officers and guards previously appeared before Grade One Magistrate Rophine Achayo where they denied the charges and were remanded to Luzira Prison.

Meanwhile, Kule and Kabuya are also facing separate charges related to an alleged break-in at offices of Stanbic Bank Uganda where laptops valued at approximately Shs27 million were reportedly stolen.

The pair denied those charges before Grade One Magistrate Winnie Nankya.Investigations into the alleged break-in at the central bank are still ongoing, with prosecution indicating that other suspects remain at large-URN. Give us feedback on this story through our email: kamwokyatimes@gmail.com

Post Views: 43

Read RelatedArticles

No Approved Vaccine Yet for Ebola Bundibugyo Strain, WHO says
News

No Approved Vaccine Yet for Ebola Bundibugyo Strain, WHO says

May 20, 2026
5
Internal Affairs Plans Shelter for Victims of Human Trafficking
News

Internal Affairs Plans Shelter for Victims of Human Trafficking

May 20, 2026
7
Busia LCV Chairman Seeks to Source Service of Service Commission from Neighbouring Districts
News

Busia LCV Chairman Seeks to Source Service of Service Commission from Neighbouring Districts

May 20, 2026
5
Security Carry Out Second Search at Anita Among’s Nakasero Residence
News

Security Carry Out Second Search at Anita Among’s Nakasero Residence

May 20, 2026
10
Attorney General Defines Boundaries in NCHE, New TVET Body Dispute
News

Attorney General Defines Boundaries in NCHE, New TVET Body Dispute

May 20, 2026
7
Tour Operators Ask Tourism Ministry to Finance Heritage Sites Development in Busoga
News

Tour Operators Ask Tourism Ministry to Finance Heritage Sites Development in Busoga

May 20, 2026
5

Top Stories

No Approved Vaccine Yet for Ebola Bundibugyo Strain, WHO says
News

No Approved Vaccine Yet for Ebola Bundibugyo Strain, WHO says

by Kamwokya Times
May 20, 2026
0
5

Read more

Internal Affairs Plans Shelter for Victims of Human Trafficking

Busia LCV Chairman Seeks to Source Service of Service Commission from Neighbouring Districts

Security Carry Out Second Search at Anita Among’s Nakasero Residence

Featured News

No Approved Vaccine Yet for Ebola Bundibugyo Strain, WHO says
News

No Approved Vaccine Yet for Ebola Bundibugyo Strain, WHO says

by Kamwokya Times
May 20, 2026
0
5

Read more

Internal Affairs Plans Shelter for Victims of Human Trafficking

Busia LCV Chairman Seeks to Source Service of Service Commission from Neighbouring Districts

Security Carry Out Second Search at Anita Among’s Nakasero Residence

Kamwokya Times

Copyrights © 2024 All Rigts Reserved

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • Contact

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Health
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • Contact

Copyrights © 2024 All Rigts Reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?